These are the terms and conditions for booking our villa. Please read carefully and you may wish to keep a copy for your reference. In these terms and conditions, 'you' and 'your' means all persons named on the booking (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date). 'We' and 'us' means Highlands Golf View Villa. All bookings are made subject to these booking conditions.
This property is fully licensed for short term rental in Florida and is in full compliance with all relevant legislation.
Making a Booking
To make a provisional booking please complete the online form on the Highlands Golf View Villa website or contact us direct. On receipt we will, subject to availability, send by email the booking and rental cost summary form and payment details. Please check this carefully and advise us immediately if there are any amendments. (We will endeavour but cannot guarantee to hold any dates until the non-refundable deposit of 10% is paid). If booking some time in advance, we may have have a little flexibility +/- 2 days either side of the dates and providing there are no other bookings already in place for these dates. Please check with us first. Together with your completed booking form, a non-refundable booking deposit of 10% is due within 7 days of you making a provisional booking. Upon receipt of your non-refundable booking deposit we will send you an email confirmation of your booking. The signing of the booking form by the party leader confirms acceptance of the terms and conditions set out and shall be binding on the persons listed on the booking form intending to occupy the premises (or any subsequent amendments to the list). Payment of the remaining balance is due 8 weeks prior to your arrival date or as mutually agreed on the specific booking form. If you have not paid in full and on time we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you. In this case the cancellation charges set out in 'Cancellation by You' below will be payable. We will send out all the relevant information and codes you will require for the villa around two weeks before arrival, providing we are in receipt of the full balance and security deposit.
We will try and accommodate changes to the booking wherever possible, any changes will be at the sole discretion of the owners. If you need to change any of your booking requirements (arrival or departure dates, checkout times, number of guests etc) you must write or email with your request at your earliest convenience. In the case of additional guests the new total number of guests in the booking must not exceed the villas maximum capacity and all additional guests must accept and adhere to the terms & conditions. The owners reserve the right to charge for additional nights booked. We also request that you inform us if any guests are removed from the booking. In the event of any changes to the booking a revised booking form will be sent to the party leader and no amendments will be deemed accepted by the owner until such a completed revised booking form is received.
You are solely responsible for any damage or breakages that may be caused to the property or its contents during your stay. We require a refundable security deposit of £200 to be paid at the time of your final balance payment. This deposit will be repaid by the owner as soon as our Management Company has reported no damage and the keys have been returned. The Management Company inspects the home prior to your arrival and after your departure and will advise us of any faults. This may include additional cleaning costs for removal of stains due to spillages or replacement of items due to stains or damage. We reserve the right to retain the security deposit (either in part or full) to cover damage, excessive utility/telephone bills (supporting bills will be available if this occurs) or non return of keys. Receipts for repairs/replacements will be provided in the unlikely event that such retention of the security deposit is required. Also Florida has a sub tropical climate and therefore inevitably insects and pests are present, within reason this is normal and the villa receives periodic pest control treatment. Care therefore must be taken with food that is left uncovered or opened fizzy drinks/glasses of juice that are left sitting for a while as these attract insects very quickly. Any added cost for pest control services incurred through lack of care may be passed to you.
We reserve the right to pursue a guest for recompense for any and all damages caused which may exceed the value of the security deposit and will require payment within 14 days of being served notice of this.
Everyone occupying the property must be listed on the booking form, this includes all children and infants, this is Florida State law and must be adhered to. Persons under 21 years of age are not acceptable unless accompanied by parents or a responsible adult over the age of 21. The owners reserve the right to admittance if this condition is not met. Failure to comply will render the booking void and no compensation will be paid. The maximum capacity for the property is 10 guests, if guest numbers are found to exceed those listed in the booking form all guests will be evicted with immediate effect, the booking agreement terminated and no refunds issued.
There are no restrictions on a particular arrival day or for a set number of days (not restricted to a Saturday to Saturday for example) however stays of less than 7 nights will incur an exit clean fee. We also only accept bookings of 5 days or more. The villa is available for occupation from 4.00pm local time on the day of arrival and is to be vacated by 10.00am on the morning of departure. Vacating after 10.00am may incur a charge equivalent to one days accommodation cost unless previously agreed with ourselves. Guests can arrange to arrive earlier or depart later if the villa is empty but this must be previously agreed to with the owners.
Cancellation by You
In the unfortunate event that you need to cancel your stay once it has been confirmed, the party leader must immediately advise us in writing or by email. Your notice of cancellation will only be effective when we receive it in writing and the following conditions will apply.
- 8 weeks or more prior to arrival date - loss of the non-refundable booking deposit.
- 4-8 weeks prior to arrival date - 50% of the total charge to offset the discount that we will need to apply to try and rebook the property at short notice.
- Any cancellation within the final 4 weeks of the arrival date will regrettably result in the loss of the whole booking cost (not including the security deposit or any pool heat paid)
- Failure to pay the final balance by the due date (8 weeks prior to arrival or as prior agreed on the specific booking form) may result in loss of the booking and deposit. If we do not receive the payment we will endeavour to contact the guest but if we receive no payment or communication, then we reserve the right to cancel the booking and retain the deposit.
At time of booking you must take out appropriate comprehensive travel insurance which carries adequate cover for all eventualities, including but not limited to, personal accident, death and injury, delays, cancellation (for whatever reason), government travel advisories, loss or theft of personal belongings/luggage and medical services whilst travelling to or within the property. Guests agree to fully indemnify the owners and their Management Company in respect of all claims for these and any other risks that may arise howsoever caused. Proof of booking/deposit/final balance payment can be provided on request.
Cancellation by the Villa Owner or the Management Company
In the unlikely event that circumstances necessitate the cancellation of the booking by us we will refund any monies paid by the party (without interest, compensation or consequential loss of any kind). However the owner or their Management Company will always seek to help relocate your booking to a villa of a similar size and standard.
The owners (including our Management Company) accept no responsibility or liability and no compensation or any other payment will be made for any loss, damage, cancellation or alterations to the terms of this booking caused by war or threat of war, civil commotion, terrorist activities, flight delays and cancellations, technical difficulties with transportation, alteration or cancellation of schedules by carriers, adverse weather conditions, loss of electricity or water supplies, fire, flood, industrial dispute or any other event, circumstance or cause beyond the owners or their Management Company's control.
Accommodation and Pool
- Subletting, sharing or assigning is strictly prohibited. To comply with state fire regulations under no circumstance may persons other than those identified on the booking form occupy the property. Permission must be obtained from the owners if persons not listed on the booking form are to visit the property and use the facilities. At no time can these guests stay overnight.
- Parties or other events or gatherings are not permitted in the property.
- Guests shall take responsibility for their own security whilst in the property by ensuring all doors and windows are closed and locked when it's prudent to do so. All doors (front, patio and garage doors) must always be locked when departing the property at any time.
- A safe is provided for use by guests. Guests understand that no responsibility is accepted by the owners over any loss or damage to guest property, monies, documents, valuables or other items howsoever caused or for any delay or consequential loss that may result. In the event that the safe key is lost a charge will be made for the supply of a duplicate key.
- Smoking, vaping and the use of illegal substances is strictly prohibited in the property. Smoking is however permitted in the outdoor patio area, please ensure all remnants are disposed of carefully and completely.
- Animals and pets are not permitted in our property.
- As Florida is a tropical state, pests may be experienced at some point during your stay. Whilst all care and control is taken to avoid pests in the property by way of regular pest control they cannot always be avoided.
- Guests should dispose of waste materials in the trash or recycling bins provided, more information regarding this is noted in the information sent out before arrival. Please avoid leaving waste out with the bins or in the garage as this can attract unwanted animals.
- Guests should not attempt to access the locked owners closets, if you do find these unlocked on your arrival we would be grateful if you could please advise our Management Company immediately.
- Both the villa swimming pool and Highlands Reserve community pool are used entirely at your own risk.
- No diving or running is allowed and children must be supervised by an adult at all times (a removable safety barrier is provided, there is also a door alarm fitted to the inside of the patio doors).
- Please observe the pool rules notice provided and guidance notes provided in the folder within the villa.
- For your own safety and the safety of others, glass objects or bottles are not permitted in the pool area at any time. Please use the plastic items provided in the villa.
- Do not use the pool during a thunderstorm.
- Please respect the privacy of your neighbours and be aware of noise levels. In accordance with HOA rules there should be no swimming after 11pm.
- The sun in Florida can be very strong so please remember to use sun tan lotion, however if possible please try and use water based rather than oil based if using the pool.
- Weekly maintenance of our pool is carried out by our Management Company so they may be in attendance during your stay, they will access the pool area from the external cage doors.
Pool Heating and Air Conditioning
Pool heaters once switched on (if requested) will take at least 24 hours to heat up, guests are advised that pool covers need to be replaced overnight or for periods when the pool is not in use, failure to cover the pool will affect the performance of the heating system. The pool is heated to approx 10 degrees above the ambient air temperature up to a maximum of 82 degrees fahrenheit. Pool heating works on a timer and normally runs from 8.00am - 8.00pm. The pool heaters encompass an automatic shut off system that will shut off the pool heater should the temperature drop below 55 degrees Fahrenheit and not turn back on until the temperature rises above 55 degrees. Guests are advised not to attempt to tamper or adjust the pool valves, pump timers or heater controls, should our Management Company discover these have been adjusted or damaged the cost of any increased running costs or maintenance/repair costs will be charged against the security deposit. If pool heating is requested after arrival a call out charge of $30 will be made to the guest and the fee for pool heating must be paid to the owner beforehand.
Air conditioning - guests are requested not to lower the pre set temperature as settings below 72 degrees Fahrenheit could result in the unit freezing, leaving the guest liable for an $85.00 call out charge to repair. Whilst occupying the property, guests are advised to keep all external doors closed as leaving any of the doors or windows open will cause the air conditioning to overwork. The resultant excess utility costs would be charged against the security deposit.
Please take time to read over the folder within the villa as here you will find extended information regarding the accommodation and pool as well as safety and local community information.
Complaints and Issues
In the unlikely event of a problem arising whilst you are on holiday (relating to our property) you should immediately contact our Management Company who will seek to resolve the matter speedily. If the problem has not been reported to our Management Company within 14 days of the problem arising then we cannot accept responsibility.
We expect all guests to have consideration for other people. If in our reasonable opinion or in the reasonable opinion of any other person in authority, you or any member of your party behaves in such a way as to cause or be likely to cause danger, upset or distress to any third party or damage to the property or in any way damage the reputation and/or goodwill of the owner, we are entitled, without prior notice to terminate the occupation of the property by the person(s) concerned. In this situation the person(s) concerned will be required to leave the property. We will have no further responsibility towards such person(s). No refunds will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination.
LIABILITY - The property is privately owned and neither the owners nor their Management Company accept any responsibility whatsoever for death, personal injury, accidents, loss or damage to persons or personal effects howsoever caused. The use of all accommodation, all equipment and all amenities including the pool is entirely at the users own risk. The owners and their Management Company reserve the right of entry at any time (this includes such workers as pool maintenance, gardeners etc). The owners and their Management Company cannot accept liability for the failure of equipment installed at the property (including but not limited to where the pool heater fails or cannot reach optimum temperature due to adverse cold weather conditions or any failure of the air conditioning system) howsoever if such failures occur we will take prompt and reasonable action to rectify any such failures upon notification by the guest.
All information contained within the website, property marketing material, social media or related correspondence is deemed to be correct to the best of our knowledge, it is understood that the information supplied is for guidance purposes only and does not form any part of the contract. It is also possible that facilities, services or content may have changed and therefore not available.
This agreement is subject to and shall be constructed in accordance with the laws of Scotland and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.